Freitag, 7. Mai 2010

Linuxwochen Vienna - Day 0

Driving from Switzerland to Vienna by car is a long trip. Of course, are there planes flying and trains rolling. After the outbreak of the Eyjafjalla and the ash in the air, I was happy that I didn't bought a plane ticket. I'm not in the mood to hang around at an airport for several days and to wait till the ash is gone. I like it more to sit behind a steering wheel, drive for 8 hours , and to know when I will be home or at my destination. At the moment there is no ash around but I think that this can change every time. I arrived at 6 p.m. and met Zoltan in our hotel room. He arrived during the day because his trip was a bit shorter than mine. Before dinner we went for a little sight-seeing by foot in the inner circle of Vienna. I have to say that Vienna is definitely the right place for people who are interested in Middle Ages and the architecture of that period in time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to eat a real "Wiener Schnitzel" because the Italian restaurant we have chosen didn't have that meal on the card. So I will try it again during my stay at Vienna.

1 Kommentar:

Kevin Kofler hat gesagt…

LOL, ein italienisches Restaurant ist sicher nicht der beste Platz, um ein Wiener Schnitzel zu essen. :-) Zwar stammt die cotoletta milanese (oder auch bistecca milanese, in Italien gibt es verschiedene Begriffe für Fleischschnitte, die in Österreich alle als "Schnitzel" bezeichnet werden) ursprünglich aus Mailand, aber das Wiener Schnitzel, wie wir es alle kennen, ißt man am Besten in einem echten Wiener Beisl. (Und Vorsicht: Ein "italienisches" Lokal, das auch typisch österreichische Speisen auf die Karte setzt, ist meist kein echter Italiener, und die Qualität sowohl der österreichischen als auch der italienischen Gerichte kann oft zu wünschen übrig lassen.)

Wir sehen uns morgen für den RPM-Workshop wieder. Übrigens: Christoph Wickert hat uns freundlicherweise seine "RPM Pakete bauen" Präsentationsfolien (Einführung RPM Pakete.odp) zur Verfügung gestellt.